Australia is often associated with the phrase ‘free spirited holiday’. If you wish to explore virgin beaches, magnificent natural beauty of the environment and wildlife, come to Australia. This country has some of the best cities in the world. It’s strong economic structure encourages immigrants from all around the world. However, if you are not a citizen of Australia, you will need to apply for an immigration visa. These immigrants not only come to visit Australia but also prefer to earn money during their stay in this country. In fact, many travellers are there who come to visit Australia with such similar thought. Do you belong to this group? If so, apply for working holiday visa in Australia. This visa allows you to enjoy your holiday as well as giving you the right to earn money.
Benefits of using the working holiday visa:-
When you are applying for the working holiday visa, you should be aware of it’s benefits as well:-
· Working within the primary sector – This visa allows accepted applicants to work within the primary sector of Australia. This means, this visa will let you earn money during your stay in this country. Hence, you can enjoy the scenic beauty of Australia without worrying about the travelling expense.
· Extending the validity of the visa – Initially, this visa allow you to work and travel for up to 12 months. However, during your stay in Australia if you apply for the second working holiday visa after completing your 3 months specified work, you can extend your visa period from 12 to 24 months.
· Study while your work – If you wish to study while you work in Australia, this visa will allow you to do so for a period of 4 months in a year. Hence, you can enjoy both your study as well as work while you spent your vacation in Australia.
· Multiple entries to Australia – This visa let you enjoy multiple entries to Australia within the 12 months validity period from the date you enter Australia.
These are some of the essential benefits you will enjoy once the working visa application gets accepted. However, there are few criteria you need to fulfil if you want your application to get approved.
Criteria required for working holiday visa applicants:-
When you apply for this type of visa, you will need to meet the following criteria is:-
· The applicant should be between 18 to 30 years of age without any dependent children
· The applicant must be a passport holder from an eligible
· The applicant must be coming to Australia for a holiday
· Any work is undertaken with the purpose of financially supporting the trip
· The applicant may be required to show a bank statement on arrival in Australia to prove that they can fund their initial stay in this country
Once you have fulfilled these requirements, your visa application will be accepted. Apart from these, there are few obligations you need to follow after getting this working holiday visa. They are:-
· You may work & travel for up to 12 months
· You may work for an individual employer for a maximum of 6 months
· If you wish to study whilst working, you can do so but for 4 months within this 1 year validity.
If you disobey any of these obligations, you will be detained by the legal system of Australia. Hence, to avoid facing any such legal charges it is always advisable to follow the obligations as mentioned in the visa application. On the other hand, these criteria are not applicable for the applicants applying for permanent immigration to Australia.
Hence, make the best trip to Australia with this working visa.
Author Bio: –Stuart hopes is an immigrant lawyer and a freelance writer too. He writes various blogs and articles on legal rules required to follow for visa applicants. Here, he speaks about the benefits of working holiday visa to Australia.