Disability is can be stated as the impairment of a person generated may be cognitive, intellectual, mental, development, physical, sensory or the combination of these also make an impairment. It can be also said as the societal disadvantage to the person from impairment set him apart from society.
Well, some conditions do not arise on own. This condition can be generated either by working in some place or accident. Defects like Deafness, blindness, chronic disease, partial paralysis, missing limbs, and other forms. This makes a person not able to work, resulting in no earnings to the family.
There are few medical conditions that qualify for LTD benefits and are covered by your long term disability insurance.
- Brain injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic pain
- Heart disease
- Bipolar disorder
- Back injuries
- Anxiety disorder
- Lung disease
- Multiple obesity
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neck injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Spine injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Seizure disorders
- Speech disorders
- Morbid obesity
These were the medical conditions that qualify for LTD benefits and you can also check the list of disease listed in the SSDI let’s learn the types of disabilities.
- Physical Disability: Impairment in the functioning, mobility and physiological come under the physical disability. Chronic, stable or progressive, visible or invisible, extreme pain or no pain comes in it.
- Progressive conditions involve Multiple sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Chronic Arthritis.
- The non-progressive condition involves Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Spinal Cord Injury.
- Visual Disabilities: This disability is related to the eyes. A person is stated as LEGALLY BLIND if they have 10% or less vision.
Diseases related to it are:
- Cataracts (cloudy vision)
- Diabetes (progressive blindness)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Hearing disability: There are four types of hearing disabilities:
- Deaf – A person who holds a severe-profound in hearing loss.
- Deafened – A person who acquires hearing loss in adulthood.
- Hard of hearing – Who use their residual hearing speech as a mode of communication.
- Deaf-Blind – Who have both vision and hearing loss
- Mental disability: Mental disability can also be formed just like a physical one. Mental illness can be treated as compared with physical illness. It is categories into 6 categories:
- Mood Disorder (manic depression and depression) the common most mood disorder.
- Schizophrenia: It is a mental illness condition.
- Anxiety Disorders: Pain and phobia disorder conditions arise.
- Personality Disorder: This disorder gets the people through the wrong phase hence they get away from other people.
- Organic brain disorder: (Alzheimer, dementia, and strokes) happens due to physical disease or brain injury.
- Eating disorder: Common in men and women under 30.
- Intellectual disabilities: Limits the ability to learn. Intellectual capacity and development become below average. A genetic condition, illness during pregnancy, use of drugs and alcohol by pregnant mothers, or women working in chemical factories and a lot more reasons.
- Learning disabilities: learning disability affects the central nervous system that results in poor learning process. This happens when the person cannot interpret what they hear and see.
These were the few disease and types of disability that you should know before filing for LTD.